I'm very disappointed in the attitude of the Vodacom staff at both outlets at Constantia Village Mall & Vodacom Milnerton where my new (but faulty) phone was sent for evaluation. It's apparent that they couldn't give a about the customer so long as they follow process.
Saturday I dropped off the phone to be sent away for evaluation. Informed I'd have a resolution by Thursday.
No call by Thursday. I followed up only to find out that the phone hadn't even been looked at yet and still needed to be sent to JHB.
When I queried the reasons for the delays & Vodacom's failure to keep me informed, I only received excuses. No one took responsibility and no one showed the slightest bit of willingness to help me. Their excuse, "we have to follow process". Ironically, if they'd followed process, I'd probably have had a resolution by Thursday.
So what went wrong?
1. Failure to communicate effectively.
2. They didn't do what they said they'd do.
3. They set expectations which weren't met.
- 2 weeks into contract, still no phone.
- ETA to resolution - unknown
- Vodacom's next steps - unknown