I have a data modem and contract used infrequently. For months the total charge was the basic monthly charge. In January I received an account for much more, including content charges. I have tried on many times to have this charge reversed and removed. The people at 808 were superficially helpful, but did not supply all the information I needed. Once I was told there was no supervisor when I asked to be referred - which I do not believe to be true. One provider company has offered to refund the charges, but I have not yet accepted because I cannot ascertain what charges were made, since MTN will not give a breakdown. Other companies have not responded, or responded but not cancelled the 'service'. MTN has not responded to my emails. After receiving the February account with similar charges, I went to an MTN store; they tried the helpline and received even more run-around than I did from the MTN helpline.
It appears something happened on a particular day, but the sites involved are not sites I contacted. The nature of the 'services' and my contract are such that I do not receive what the companies purport to supply! MTN appears completely uninterested in resolving the problem.