We bought a DSTV explorer on the 2 DEC from Makro in Centurion and were approached by a young man from Bling Installations who advised that if we paid R1500 then Bling would come and do the installation, but there would be a week waiting period.
1. It was not actually a week, they could only fit us in on the 21 DEC
2. Helpful young man came round from Bling, and did the installation but when he ctc DSTV we could not get a picture. He checked and advised me that the DSTV was faulty and I should go and change it at Makro, plug it in and phone DSTV to reset.
3. Go to Makro and change it...no problem, they were very helpful. Got home and had two 15 min conversations with DSTV, trying to get it working..no luck. They advise me to ctc an agent to have everything checked.
4. I phone Ariel Excellence in Pretoria and get Mrs Very Irritable on the phone who does not answer my query but tells me to come into the shop. I drive to the other side of Pretoria and guess what, there is a 2 and a half hour wait, to be seen. I do not have another two hours to waste on what should have been a positive purchase.
5. 20 days later no DSTV!! no one taking ownership!.what does DSTV suggest?!