AfricaComplaints.com » Cars & Transport » Complaint / review: Derick Roodt Motors - CAMBELT REPAIR ON KOMBI T5 | #15011

Derick Roodt Motors
CAMBELT REPAIR ON KOMBI T5

I bought my Kombi at Derick Roodt Motors in November 2011 and requested that he must replace the cambelt on the vehicle as there is no track record in the service book. When their workhop mechanic collected my vehicle on 1/12/2011 I told him that the timing belt, idler, tensioner must be replaced all together.

On 29 November 2012 the cambelt broke 70 000km later. The cambelt needs to be raplaced every 90 000km on the Kombi so it should have last another 20 000km before I needed to replaced it. I took my vehicle back to the workshop where it was fitted in the first place just to discover that Derick Roodt Motors only replaced the timingbelt and NOT the idler and tensioner as requested at that time.

I left lots of messages at reception and sms's but he didn't come back to me.

The last time I spoke to him on his mobilel on 16/1/2013 he said that I must come and see him at 2:30 but he did not even pitch up for the appointment.

This left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Without my vehicle for nearly 2 months I had to take a lone to pay the repairs for the amount of R13K in order to get my vehicle.

"Creating frienships for life" must rather read "Breaking frienships for life

Date:

Company: Derick Roodt Motors

Category: Cars & Transport

0 comments

Information
Only registered users can leave comments.
Please Register on our website, it will take a few seconds.

Quick Registration via social networks:
Login with FacebookLogin with Google