I am in management and professional consultancy. I picked up water damage to my Samsung Note II Smartphone and took it to Samsung Experience Store in Brooklyn Mall, Pretoria, South Africa on 25 November 2013.
The shop attendant/manager explained it was progressive damage to the mother board and needs replacement. It will cost in the region of ZAR 2600. They would call me with a formal quote in a few days. After the quote it would be 3 to 4 weeks for repairs.
1. It took 4 wks to call with a quote which grew to ZAR 3650-00.
2. 3 weeks after the quote date I called about progress. I was informed the phone is not ready.
3. I called on 11 Jan 2014 and was informed by a lady that the phone was fixed and they were waiting for it to be returned from the repair center
4. On Saturday 18 Jan I called again. This time I was informed that the phone was not fixed yet but it could be in the batch for Saturday the 25 Jan 2014
5. I called again on Monday 27 Jan 2014. The same story. It will come on 1st Feb 2014.
6. I called on Monday 3 Feb 2014. Same story.
7. 11 weeks to fix something that takes perhaps 2 hours.
For a high end professional device on which we depend, this is unacceptable!