BRIDES BEWARE and be careful of whom you entrust to capture the memories of your special day! We entrusted Erna Loock to photograph our wedding on 30th Nov 2013, but we now have huge regrets that we did so! My husband and I are totally devastated and hugely disappointed with the overexposed and overall bad quality of the wedding photographs supplied to us by Erna Loock.
What made matters even worse was the fact that Erna Loock failed to supply us with a lot of our very important special-moment photos and memories, despite the fact that we had requested and agreed the majority of them with her in writing.
Here are a few examples of the important special “memories” Erna Loock failed to supply us with:
1. Erna Loock did not supply me with a full-length photo of my wedding dress, hanging on its hanger! I think it goes without saying that EVERY bride wants a full length photo of her wedding dress! (I specially and painstakingly decorated the wedding dress hanger with little white roses – specially for photographing of the dress hanging on its hanger! )..
2. Erna Loock did not supply me with a photo of my son kissing me on my cheek, as he handed me over at the Altar, after walking me down the aisle! Erna Loock failed to capture this very special moment in the wedding ceremony!!
3. Erna Loock did not supply me with a photo of my groom’s face, as he watched me as I was walking down the aisle towards him! This is a very special moment in the wedding ceremony that every couple would like to have a photograph of!
4. Erna Loock did not supply us with a photo of the wedding-ceremony room! (? ) Yet she saw fit to supply us with numerous meaningless pics of empty stairwells, empty passages, empty couches(!? ), and photos of artwork and ornaments at our wedding venue…But not one single photo of THE most important room(! ), namely the wedding-ceremony room, was supplied (!? )
5. Erna Loock did not supply us with a photo of our wedding rings on the Ring-Cushion… yet she saw fit to supply us with two photos of our Pastors notes - one of which is only the top edge of our pastor’s notes, and it is upside down! – clearly this particular photo wasn’t even edited as it was given to us as is (i.e. upside down! ) on the wedding dvd!
6. Erna Loock did not supply one photo, that includes our faces, when my groom puts the ring on my finger!
7. The “you may kiss the bride” - which is one of the most important photos of the whole wedding day, is out of focus!!
8. Erna Loock did not supply us with a good posed photo of us signing the wedding register! This is yet another very important photograph of the wedding ceremony! We specially posed and smiled for this particular “wedding-register-signing” photo for Erna Loock, but unknown to us at the time, she decided to rather focus on and photograph our aunt taking this particular posed shot of us on her BlackBerry! - Erna blurred us on this photo, and instead focused in on our aunt’s Blackberry!
9. Erna Loock did not supply us with a photo of us sitting in the back-seat of the wedding car, just before we drove off after the wedding ceremony to our photo-shoot (despite us specially posing for these shots! )
10. Erna Loock did not supply us with a photo of us with our son (who was the bestman)
11. Erna Loock did not supply us with a good quality posed-photo of the bridal party (bride, groom, bridesmaid and bestman)! The only two posed photos that Erna did supply of the bridal party had two people looking in one direction and the other two in another direction! And these were POSED shots!! (? )
12. Erna Loock did not supply us with a single photo of us (the bride and groom) with the groom’s parents!
13. Erna Loock did not supply us with a good posed photo of the groom with his parents! The one and only posed shot of the groom with his parents that Erna did supply had his parents eyes closed! (? )
14. Erna Loock did not supply us with a single good quality posed photo of the entire Main Table at the Reception (we were only 6 people seated at The Main Table). One of the photos she supplied of the main table had some of the people cut off in half… (?! )
15. We had a small intimate wedding (33 people in total)… yet Erna failed to supply us with photos of all the couples/guests attending our wedding, despite this being specifically requested and agreed prior the wedding, in the Bridal Questionnaire!
16. We specially bought a white lace parasol (umbrella) as a prop for posing with during our wedding photoshoot… yet, despite us specially posing with said white lace umbrella during our photoshoot, Erna Loock did not supply us with any of these photos!
17. Erna Loock did not supply us with a single photo of the Wedding Car.
Sadly, these memories can never be recreated or recaptured!
We have had a few professional and experienced Photographers and Photographic instructors/trainers have a look at some of the wedding photos supplied to us by Erna Loock, and the overall opinion of these photos was : ... The photo’s are shockingly bad quality, and are majorly overexposed. The overexposure of the photo’s illustrates that the photographer has no knowledge of the use of light. The images are unsharp ...
Anyone interested in viewing our wedding photos are welcome to view them and then judge the quality for themselves - You can contact me on [email protected]
According to the contract, (that Erna had us sign with her when we hired her), she was supposed to provide us with a “Photobook-Look” DVD cover and DVD containing our wedding images, yet all we received from Erna Loock was a plain white dvd cover(! ) with simply our names and her logo on it, and a plain white dvd(! ) inside. This is definitely not a “Photobook-look” DVD and cover and clearly illustrates a lack of effort in delivering a good-quality end product. Furthermore, the sequencing/numbering of the photos on this DVD is all jumbled up and the image numbering is not even in order/sequence of event! To top it all the DVD Erna Loock supplied us with can’t even play on a DVD machine! Furthermore, we are STILL sitting without our Coffee Table Wedding Photobook and Wedding Slideshow DVD set to music as we have, since 29th January 2014 already, been repeatedly requesting all the important missing photos from Erna Loock (Erna Loock claims to have most of these important missing photos)… Yet Erna Loock has, to date, not supplied us with these important missing photos, despite the majority of them having been specifically requested and agreed with her, prior the wedding, and, despite us being willing to pay for them in accordance with what is stipulated in our legal contract with her. We thus felt we had no choice but to consult a lawyer, in order to enforce our legal contract with Erna Loock, and thereby obtain all our missing important special-moment wedding memories… however she is now simply just ignoring and not responding to our lawyer as well!!
We are quite understandably devastated as now some of our very important, very-special wedding memories are being withheld from us by Erna Loock - Why??
There’s another bride who has posted a complaint about Erna Loock on HelloPeter in Jan 2014 – go have a read for yourself…